Hello!

my name is mallory. welcome to my dinky little blog. enjoy my recipes, food experiments, informal critiques, and probably some snippets about my day to day life. whether youre my friend, family, or just a passerby, i hope you enjoy my written cooking show

Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Somewhat Romantic Evening Meal Plan

So I was lazing about the house today, and I kept thinking to myself that I really wanted to have a kind of romantic night. The only problem with that is my husband and I live on the east coast, so going out to dinner would be about fifty bucks.....and if we decided to not go to Applebee's it would end up being 80 bucks. No, thank you. So I racked my brain for some good recipes and the one thing I never enjoyed making with my grandma was crepes... but they are delicious. So I made my hubby two kinds of crepes. Cheesecake Crepes and Nutmeg Chicken Crepes.

So, I'm sharing these recipes with you, so you can use them on some lucky whatever kind of person your into currently. Unfortunately, I was over-zealous and ate the crepes before I could snap a quick picture of them.

Cheesecake Crepes

What You Need

Crepes:
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons honey
A pinch of salt

Filling:
2 tablespoons butter
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 cup frozen berries
An extra tablespoon of confectioner's sugar

What You Need To Do

1. Whisk together the ingredients for the crepes. The batter should be smooth

2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a amall pan over a medium heat. Pour 1/8 of a cup of batter into the pan and swirl it to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook on each side for about one minute. Repeat to make 4 crepes. Set the crepes aside on a paper towel.

3. In a bowl, soften the cream cheese in the microwave for about thirty seconds. Mix the softened cream cheese with 1/2 cups of the confectioners sugar to make a creamy spread. Very gently stir in the berries and spread the cream cheese evenly over each crepe and roll 'em up!





OK! so these chicken crepes were absolutely AMAZING! It's a shame I didn't get pictures!

Nutmeg Chicken Crepes

What You Need:

Crepes:
3/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt

Filling:
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chicken broth
pepper
2 teaspoons nutmeg
1/2 lb chicken
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon chopped parsley

What You Need To Do:

1. Mix the crepe ingredients in a bowl. Again, it should be creamy. Let this batter sit for about a half hour.

2. Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of the batter into non-stick pan with hot butter.

3. Cook the crepes for one minute on each side. 

4. In another pan, saute the onion in butter. After the onions are caramelized add 1/2 cups of broth, nutmeg, and the cooked chicken.

5. In a small bowl, mix the remaining broth with the flour and mix it into a thin paste. Pour it into the meat mixture and add the parsley. 

6. Place a couple spoonfuls of the mixture onto the crepes and roll them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment